[ogsa-wg] Glossary terms: enterprise, enterprise computing and e-Science

Natale, Bob RNATALE at mitre.org
Wed Oct 25 10:36:04 CDT 2006

Hi Jem,

Would a broader definition of "Enterprise" be acceptable?

A quick cut at what I have in mind:

"Enterprise:
A set of organizational entities bound by a common hierarchy and whose
individual missions support a common purpose."

The main objective I have in mind is to remove the "commercial" focus
-- e.g., we often refer to "Enterprise" services and management with
respect to the US DoD's Global Information Grid.

Cheers,
BobN