[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Oct. 26th call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 25 04:17:04 CDT 2006

Hi all,

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Oct. 26th
Thursday from 8:30am - 10:30am  (CDT).

Attention: Summer time ends Oct. 29. New time slot in next week
and after.
Mon: 5-7pm ET, 4-6pm CT, 2-4pm PT, 7-9am JST, 10pm-midnight UK
Thu: 8-10am ET, 7-9am CT, 5-7am PT, 10pm-midnight JST, 1-3pm UK

Dial-in numbers for Thursday:
   Free: +1-888-452-0308
   Intl/Toll: +1-484-644-0505
   PIN:  71815
   See more information:
   - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477?nav=1

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 1026
   See more explanation:
   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584?nav=1

1) Early discussion (20 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Telecon minutes approval (Oct. 23)
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13966
         Action Items status review (see the bottom of this email)
         Agenda bashing

2) Nov F2F update (Hiro)

3) OGSA-AuthN-WG charter discussion (Alan Sill, 60 min)

Minutes from Oct. 5th call
> * What is the best low hanging fruit to attack
> 	- Authentication?
> 	- Do we want to narrowly profile SAML for point
 >         to point authorization?
> 		-- Next step to be delegation
> 	- What use cases should we consider?
> 	- What other profiles for authentication should we look at?
> 		-- SAML?
> 		-- X509 Varient in which we conote identify
 >                  with regards to WS-Naming (EPI)
> 		-- Federation of identity
> 			--- There are people solving this problem
 >                           and we shouldn't re-invent
> 			--- SAML
> 	- What in the OGSA use case space.  If you plan to federate
 >         identity.
> 	- If your site has user name password, how do you federate that
> 	- One of the nice things about SAML is that you can have
 >         assertions that consolodate authentication domains.
> 		-- You may not have to have an X509 for that
 >                  username/password
> 	- Equally important is authenticating the service to the user.
> 	- Need Auth Working group.
> 	- Shibolith
> 		-- You still need a source of identity (X509, or something)
> 	- Auth Schemes
> 		-- X509
> 		-- Kerberos
> 		-- Member Integrated Credential Service
> 			--- AD, LDAP, etc.
> 	- WS-Trust falls short of the mark
> 	- Seems optimistic to say that Shibolith does Auth, but
 >         it's being looked into seriously.
> * BoF
> 	- Need to start preparation for a BoF
> 	- Alan Sill willing to take responsibility for pushing
 >         the process for getting a charter ready
> 	- AI-1005a: Alan Sill to have draft Charter ready before
 >         next security telecon (Dave to help and only as stand
 >         in for new area director).
> 	- Do we need more covereage if we have an active authorization
 >         and authentication working groups
> 		-- No, we need more covereage
> 		-- AI-1005b:  People to send Dave Snelling more
 >                             information, ideas for more
 >                             security calls to complete coverage
> 	- Two weeks from today is the next security call.

         Alan's charter draft:
http://www.ggf.org/gf/group_info/charter.php?review&group=OGSA-AuthN-WG

         People to send Dave Snelling more information, ideas
         for more security calls to complete coverage

4) Wrap up (10 min)
         AOB

<*NEXT CALL*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477?nav=1

Oct.  30 (Mon): OGSA roadmap, DMTF work register,
                 CIM profile introduction
Nov.   2 (Thu): Information/data modeling,
                 EMS Architecture scenarios
Nov.   6 (Mon): EGA reference model, OGSA roadmap

Nov.   9 & 10: F2F meeting in Tampa

<*ACTION ITEMS*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1569

 > From Oct. 23 call
   AI-1023a: Tom and Ellen will do a CIM Profile Introduction for
             Oct.30 (45-60 minutes session)
   AI-1023b: Tom and Ellen will start working on an introductory
             example for the F2F.
             - The exact topic is not decided. It may be good to make
               sure that it aligns with the XQuery examples that Michel
               is using. (Tom will contact Michel.)
             - Michel and Fred should be involved in this work.
   AI-1023c: Tom volunteered to review Hiro's HPC Cluster use case
             slides and make appropriate changes to indicate where the
             CIM Profile would fit in and how it would link into the
             Reference Model.
   AI-1023d: Paul will add more items to list on slide 6 of the HPC
             Cluster use case
   AI-1023e: Hiro will send out references to relevant OGF specs,
             e.g., BES and CDDLM
   AI-1023f: Paul will review relevant OGF specs and give feedback to
             Hiro for the next version of the use case slide deck.
   AI-1023g: Hiro will look at other parts of slide 5 and identify
             further possible refinements of this use case.

 > From Oct. 5 call.
   AI-1005b: People to send Dave Snelling more information, ideas
             for more security calls to complete coverage
             (Since this does not have any specific owners, it will
              be closed Oct. 26)

 > From Sept. 28 call.
   AI-0928a: Takuya will issue a final call on BSP-Core on the list.

 > From Sept. 21 call.
   AI-0921c: Dave S (as Standards VP) to talk to the next
             Security ADs (Blair Dillaway and David Groep) about the
             Security Area task list.

 > From Sept. 15 OGSA F2F
   AI-0915a: (A Savva, S McGough): Set up a telephone conference to
              collect workflow (BPEL) experience
   AI-0915d: Tom will post BP base faults issue to tracker
   AI-0915e: Hiro to talk with OGF Editor to start an errata process

 > From Aug. 17 call
   AI-0817a: Dave Berry and Jay Unger will approach groups (GIN,
              Globus, etc) that have implemented practical grids and
              start a discussion on how they handle data:
              - how data is treated as a resource that can be scheduled
              - how transfers are modeled
              - how files are advertised
              - how applications find files (query, by knowledge,?)
              (Due Oct. 9)

 > From Aug. 3 call
   AI-0803e: Jun will provide an example of the CDL mechanism and why
              using ID/IDREF is not a good idea.
   AI-0803f: Jun will update the CDL document to remove the Environment
              variables

 > From July 20 F2F
- EGR-WG (Ravi) will contact Geoffrey Fox and invites him to
      contribute use cases.
- Andreas to go through the minutes and formulate a reply mail to
      Geoffrey on each artifact covered in these minutes.

Postponed:
Until next EMS call (Nov. 2):
   AI-0914a (Andreas Savva): Integrate the simple Data scenario just
            presented into the scenarios document
   AI-0913a: Andreas to update function names of BES.
   AI-0913b: Andrew to write-up a couple of such JM functionalities
            (short paragraph for each, e.g. time constraint as JSDL
             extension.)
   AI-0913c: Andreas to add another scenario to use this “terminate”
             method of activity interface.
   AI-0913e: Andreas to separate un-deployment as a separate scenario.
   AI-0913f: Andreas to describe relation between ACS and CDDLM.
   AI-0913g: Donal to provide his proposal on
             "ActivityExecutionCandidate."
   AI-0831e: (A Savva) Talk to ACS working group for refining this
               scenario.
   AI-0831f: (A Savvva) Research RNS and probably update the EMS Arch
               Scenarios document