[ogsa-wg] URL for OGSA-AuthN-WG charter (URL for OGSA-WG charter)

Blair Dillaway blaird at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 24 12:37:52 CDT 2006

 Alan, Hiro:

I agree with the approach you're taking. Having a draft charter in
advance of the BOF is probably the best way to build interest and focus
the discussion. As Hiro notes, you should follow the charter format in
GFD-C.3 including the 7 questions. Though you may not be able to
complete all the info until after the BOF.

I have a few thoughts you may want to consider:

1. The identified deliverables are both very research oriented. The
implication is that this work is necessary for you to determine what, if
any, standards work might be required in this area. If that's the case,
then should this initial effort be done in an RG rather than a WG?

2. I think you should add a list of the key documents that will guide
the work under #1 below. It seems critically important to establish the
OGSA authentication requirements and the highest priority use
cases/scenarios. If you feel this has been adequately addressed, then
the appropriate doc(s) should be referenced. It not, then writing such a
doc should be part of this deliverable. It pretty hard to decide what
authZ profile may be missing or incomplete without that.

3. I would agree that #3 below is more of an exit criteria. If this work
is successful, I would expect to see a new charter to developed one or
more recommendations.

Regards,
Blair Dillaway