[ogsa-wg] Glossary discussion document posted

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Thu Oct 19 09:35:48 CDT 2006

Hi,

Per discussion on the October 9th meeting, I've now posted a discussion
document for the Glossary.  The primary objective is to converge the EGA
Reference Model glossary and the OGSA glossary, and the target for
completion is OGF19.

The discussion document is posted in the gridforge Glossary folder at
http://tinyurl.com/yzwt4c, along with the current draft of the Glossary.

I received some initial comments from Olegario Hernandez, who has been a
regular contributer to each version of the OGSA Glossary.  These
comments are posted in tracker 5617 - there's a link to the tracker in
the discussion document.

I believe we had agreed that we would discuss the terms initially by
e-mail and with discussions as needed bi-weekly on the regular Monday
OGSA calls.  I propose that we begin with a discussion on next Monday's
call, as the last agenda item to minimize the pain :0)  For anyone who
wants to get a head start, I propose to look at "enterprise" and related
terms first (and, from his comments, I think Olegario would second that
proposal!).

E-mail comments and suggestions are, of course, welcome.

Thanks,

- Jem

Jem Treadwell
Hewlett-Packard Company