[ogsa-wg] [OGSA-BES-WG] HPC profile questionaire draft

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Sun Nov 19 09:27:26 CST 2006

Marty,
This sort of thing is best discussed in person to avoid mis-understandings.
That said, our intent was not to get in the way of what you all are doing -
rather during the F2F there was a realization that we needed experiences
documents - for BES, JSDL, and HPC Profile, at some point. One idea was to
have somebody go around, interview everybody, and write it up. Another was
to ask each person to write-up their experiences. A third idea was to
essentially help people write them up by asking a series of questions, the
answers to which could be stitched together.

This IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS IN THE
HPC-PROFILE GROUP. It is an attempt (perhaps clumsily handled) to accelerate
the process so that we can have as much done as possible before the next OGF
- including by the way some sort of consensus on HPC-Profile 2.