[ogsa-wg] OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor TC

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed May 17 22:28:58 CDT 2006

Hi all,

OASIS OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor TC is developing
XML schema for deployment related metadata of multiple software
packages (they call solution). Their scope is widely overlapped
with CDDLM, ACS, JSDL, and OGSA-EMS.

In order to prevent from undesirable divergence, Keisuke Fukui
(ACS-WG co-chair) and I have attended to SDD TC F2F meeting this
week, introduced our CDDLM/ACS/JSDL specs and ask them to utilize
these GGF specifications if appropriate.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18091/ggf-sdd-submission.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18167/GGF-spec-submission%2020060515c.zip

The F2F meeting went very well and SDD TC agreed that although
they chose IUDD V2 specification as their base specification,
they will align and converge with ACS/JSDL/CDDLM specs in long
team and also short term. It is very good news for both GGF and
OASIS.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18210/SDDF2F.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18208/Strategy%20for%20Development%20of%20SDD%20Specification.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18209/Deployment%20Descriptor%20Work%20Plan.doc

If time permits, I will report out and answer questions
on this new thrilling opportunity at Thursday's OGSA-WG weekly call.