[ogsa-wg] Thoughts on extensions mechanisms for the HPC profile work

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Sun May 7 16:07:48 CDT 2006

Hi;

The beauty of a "may ignore" flag is that it can be ignored. :-)  So,
whereas I side with Donal in believing that complex optional resource
descriptions rarely work well, I side with Karl in believing that the
flag should be available at the protocol level (as an extension case
since I'm trying to be hard-nosed about not letting anything creep into
the base case that isn't absolutely necessary for minimal interop).

It's worth noting that the concept of "optionally understood" parameters
is something that many consider to be one of the bigger success stories
of the way the Web works (as compared to Web services).

Marvin.