[ogsa-wg] Initial draft of HPC profile working group charter

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Fri May 5 09:14:16 CDT 2006

Hi,

All the discussion I've seen about this profile so far has focussed on
specifying and submitting jobs, but the proposed charter says that this
is only one of two areas of interest; the other being data staging.  The
immediate question is what link will this profile work have to the Data
Movement Interface Specification group?  Will the profile refer to the
DMIS spec in the same way that it will refer to JSDL and BES?  (Of
course, JSDL also covers data staging to some extent).

Work is also continuing on the data aspects of the OGSA architecture, in
the OGSA Data WG.  I would encourage the HPC profile group to engage
with the OGSA Data group and the DMIS group concerning how to fit data
staging into the overall architecture.

Unfortunately I won't be in Tokyo next week but it would be useful if
members of these groups could get together there to agree a working
relationship.

Best wishes,

Dave.

  _____