[ogsa-wg] OGSA-EMS Telecon

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Sun Mar 12 23:10:41 CST 2006

Thanks Steven for your scenarios.

> 5. A CDL document is constructed by the JM using information
> retrieved  from the IS. The CDL document is passed to the CDL
 > server located on the platform hosting the BES instance.

IMHO, We need to discuss the following two issues in order to
design sequence diagram among EMS services.

(A) Which information should be included in the CDL document.
(B) Who provides CDL document for application deployment.

In order to discuss (A), I've read Chris's JSDL document for
BLAST job and list up 7 candidates.
- Application binary to install
- File systems to mount
- User to create
- Data files to stage/de-stage
- Environment variables to set
- Hard/soft limits to set
- Working directory to change

See attached slides for detail. It is also uploaded to GridForge;
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/CDL_for_BLAST

For issue (B), I see at least two options;
- Client write down CDL document and provide it as a part
   of JSDL document (or put pointer in JSDL document).
- Some module (e.g. JM) converts JSDL document to CDL document.

Personally, I prefer to start from the first option (client provides).

Your thoughts?