[ogsa-wg] CDL document for BLAST

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 29 07:49:44 CDT 2006

Hi all,

The following is my write up for CDL document for BLAST application
based on the dialogue with Chris Smith.

So far, I guess we will translate JSDL document to CDL document
or extract necessary information from JSDL document and put them
into CDL document. However JSDL document does not have a couple of
information we need for CDL.

(1) Application binary source location and its archive format.
(2) File permission on the target server.

We can add such necessary information into the JSDL document
as extensions. For (2), we can assume default value (e.g. 755).

Another possibility is we expect client tooling produce both
JSDL document and CDL document at the same time. Advantage of
this option is the tooling can guarantee consistency between
JSDL document and CDL document. Chris and I agree this is
reasonable scenario as our first step.

Regarding to BLAST database, we expect client must run prep-job
to format BLAST database and BLAST job should mount such formatted
database before BLAST run. Formatted database should be reside
e.g. /db/ncbiblast/est which should be mounted before BLAST run.

The attached files are revised JSDL and CDL documents for review.

I value your feedback.