[ogsa-wg] BLAST CDL documents (Re: Proposed agenda for June 12th call)

Jun Tatemura tatemura at sv.nec-labs.com
Mon Jun 12 16:29:29 CDT 2006

Hiro and CDDLM/OGSA members,

Thank you, Hiro. I regret that I was not able to find time with Hiro
working on this in advance. In today's conference, I would like to
discuss on the following points to clarify your requirements on a
posix component. Then, I will take my turn to revise a new version.

Thanks,
Jun
----
[1] Clarifying questions:

- Do you want a file system treated as a part of a posix component
instead of another component?

- When multiple file systems are configured for a posix
component, do you want to distinguish them by specifying
names?

- Do you want to put multiple applications on a single
posix component? If so, how do you want to give "Prescript"?
(In the slide, Chris has noted that there can be more complicated
procedures. We may think about additional components to manage
those complicated things. Note that a (CDDLM) component does not
have to be a physical entity. It can represent a status of a set
of files on a posix component...)

[2] Use of CodeBase
(I might have misunderstood your slides on this point
 at the last GGF session)

CodeBase refers to an object that is deployed on the component.
It does not refer to the component implementation (= binary code that
takes an object referred to by CodeBase and install it appropriately).
Then what do you want to be specified as a Posix component's CodeBase?
It is not clear from the slides and example CDLs.

For example, CodeBase can refer to an archive that contains
application binaries and prescripts. Then corresponding properties
(e.g. Application/Binary) can be paths within the archive.