[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Feb. 1st call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 31 21:35:03 CST 2006

Hi all,

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Feb. 1st
Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm (CST).

Dial-in numbers for Wednesday:
   Free: +1-888-452-0308
   Intl/Toll: +1-484-644-0505
   PIN:  71815

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 0201
See more explanation:
http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2004/06/msg00077.html

1) Early discussion (20 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Byte IO WG F2F minutes approval (Jan. 19am)
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/ogsa-f2f-minutes-20060119-am
         Telecon minutes approval (if available)
         OGSA Basic Security Profile final call status (Takuya)
         OGSA WSRF BP 1.0 final call status (Tom)
         IBM RSM academic/SDOs license program update (Jay)
         Agenda bashing

2) CDDLM-WG joint call (40 min)

 From F2F meeting minutes:
> * Summary of CDDLM/ACS joint session
>
>   - Discussed the role of CDL and JSDL, and where they overlap (data
>     staging).
>     - Agreed that more information is needed on how to use CDL. Some
>       examples (simple to complex) would help.
>   - Proposed action for Dejan: Take a real use case (e.g., gaussian)
>     and walk through it, highlighting CDL usage.
>
>   - No major change to the overall EMS picture. An initial proposal to
>     make the BES container responsible for driving the deployment of
>     new capabilities on itself was rejected.
>     - JM still orchestrates the deployment (defined by CDL) and
>       startup of a job (defined by JSDL).
>
>   - More work is needed on Discovery, what properties are advertised
>     by BES and how those are used by RSS.
>     - In particular how are already deployed capabilities discovered,
>       how they are updated after deployment, their lifetime and how
>       that affects how or when they are advertised.
>   - Tentative agreement on Jay's statement:
>     - Deployment is driven by Job management
>     - Provisioning is driven by policy
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/ogsa-f2f-minutes-20060117-am/en/2

See also Andrew's notes on gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/cddlm-acs-joint-session-notes/en/1

3) EMS discussion (30 min)
         Continuing discussion on EMS composite roadmap document.
         Darren has uploaded updated composite roadmap draft (v0.7)
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/proposed-ems-roadmap/en/7

4) GGF16, GGF17, April F2F meeting plan (30 min)
         OGSA-WG is planning to have F2F meetings back-to-back with GGF16
         (Athens) and GGF17 (Tokyo). We are also planning to have interim
         F2F meeting in April (venue TBD).

         Please answer the following on-line survey.
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB224YEN4D5Z3

         Prep for GGF16 outreach session

>   - OGSA outreach session; lower attendance last time; considering
>     options like
>     - Town hall (asked not to call it that)
>     - Presentation from projects on what they'd like to see in OGSA
>     - Or other groups on how their spec combines or not with ogsa
>     - A panel <CHOICE FORMAT>
>       - applications?
>       - ogsa adoption
>       - working with ogsa <CHOSEN TOPIC>
>         - JSDL, EGEE, DAIS as initial candidates
>     - Or ask people to come and ask questions.
>
>   - Need to also have updated presentation material (and keep them up
>     to date)

5) Wrap up
         AOB

<NEXT CALL>

Feb. 6 (Mon):  Arch 1.5 final text review, GGF16 prep
Feb. 8 (Wed):  Info model, EMS design team
                GGF16 prep

GGF16 (Athens): Feb. 13-16
OGSA-WG F2F meeting (NTUA @ Athens): Feb. 17