[ogsa-wg] Non-normative text update for section 1.2 of the OGSA WSRF Basic Profile

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 30 17:03:42 CST 2006

Hi all,

We've agreed on this revised text at today's call.

1.2	Relationships to Other Profiles
This Profile extends the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 [WS-I BP 1.1]. As
mentioned in section 1.1 of the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1, there are
several profiled bindings which should be used in combination with a
profile.  It is expected that combined claims of conformance with
binding-specific profiles will be the norm.

All requirements of WS-I BP 1.1 except for section 5 "Service
Publication and Discovery" pertain to this Profile. There may be
additional profiles in the future that will include discovery functions.

This Profile mandates composition with an OGSA Basic Security profile as
described in section 8.

Thanks,
Tom

Senior Technologist, CTO Office
EMC²|SMARTS
44 South Broadway
7th Floor
White Plains, NY 10601
Office: +1-914-580-3477  (8280 3477)
Mobile: +1-845-729-4806
Email: maguire_tom at emc.com

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and
don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the
endless immensity of the sea.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery