[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-rss-wg] OGSA-RSS Agenda Topic

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 02:29:02 CST 2006

Hi,
>> As one of the people who brought this up in the f2f I thought I should
>> just bring in a few comments. My main issue with the CSG/EPS combination
>> is was one of efficiency. The way it appeared to me was that the EPS
>> will send a request to th CSG to provide a list of "suitable"
>> candidates. Now perhaps the EPS is a dumb one which will just use the
>> first one provided. In which case the time to generate the rest is
>> wasted. Could someone comment/correct me on this? If there is some lazy
>> way to do this then fine.
>>
> I think this simple scenario would not require calling the EPS; the JM
> would send a request to the CSG directly and use the first result. This
> possible interaction is mentioned in OGSA 1.0 (3.4.6.2). Btw, I didn't
> write this text so the people who did should comment further if the
> original intention was different.
I'm also asking can the CSG be asked "give me the first one, I'll come
back for the rest later"? In my scenario above, if you don't have
something like this, then the CSG could waste a lot of time generating a
list of (potentially) thousands of resources which match my requirements
when I'm going to throw away all but the first one. This could be a
problem weather I'm the JM or the EPS.

steve..