[ogsa-wg] INFO a hole???

Steve Fisher S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 07:29:10 CST 2006

Hi,

I have heard a number of people complaining this week, at GGF, that
"Information is a hole". It was also on the slides shown by Dave
Snelling on Thursday morning.

Previously Abdeslem Djaoui liaised between the INFOD-WG and OGSA-WG
but now we have no direct means of communication and I suspect that
some people in OGSA have not completely understood the potential role
of INFOD, nor is INFOD sure of the size or shape of the hole it might
fill within OGSA.

The INFOD spec has been simplified significantly - or rather we have
decided to concentrate on a base specification before moving on to
more advanced features. We plan to have the base spec going for public
comment in June, but it would obviously be better to understand very
soon how it fits in to the big picture - to avoid having a
specification which does not meet the perceived OGSA needs. How do you
suggest we move forward?

Steve