[ogsa-wg] [update] OGSA Security Profile 1.0 - Secure Channel

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Dec 5 20:22:59 CST 2006

Abdeslem,

Though WS-Policy is making its way through the standards process it is a
bit too early to make any statements about it in this profile. (It would
probably make the type of profile go down to informational if we
did---according to GFD.59.)

Also I think it is too late in the process for this document to include
substantially new content. This final call is for re-submission to the
Editor for publication; not for public comment.

Finally the statements that I think you are after do not seem specific
to this profile. They would presumably be more useful in a more basic
OGSA profile, perhaps a future version of the OGSA (WSRF) BP or some
similar basic profile.

Just my 2 yen.
--
Andreas

Djaoui, A (Abdeslem) wrote:
> Takuya,
>
> I think a short section on WS-Policy needs to be added before publishing (Sorry for bring this at this late time but I am
> just catching up with GGF work after a long distraction).  This is to allow a service to advertise if it supports and/or requires the use of the profile.
>
> Let me know if it isn't too late.
>
> Abdeslem DJAOUI
>

> -----Or

Andreas Savva