[ogsa-wg] EMS Scenarios: suggested changes w.r.t. v10

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 31 08:20:47 CDT 2006

Hi Andreas!

I've been going through the EMS Scenarios document and I've got some
changes I'd like to suggest in the section on the deployment scenarios:

  * In 4.1, the updates to the Info Service should come not from the Job
    Manager but rather the BES and the Deployment Service (or rather the
    BLAST System). After all, it is those services that can be expected
    to know whether BLAST is present and in use. Otherwise, the IS would
    appear to be only ever accessed from the JM and would, as such, be an
    integral part of it instead of its own independent service. In
    particular, the destruction of the BLAST System should force the
    update of the IS so that entities other than the JM can initiate the
    operation (e.g., the system administrator) without forcing the IS to
    be inconsistent. (Inconsistency is likely enough anyway!)

  * In 4.2, the JSDL ApplicationVersion should be used as well as the
    AppName as part of the input data for the LookupArchives operation.

  * In 4.2, the scenario diagram should show the interaction between the
    ACS and DS, even if no specific operation names are assigned. This
    would make the scenario clearer.

It would be nice if there was a way remove the requirement for JM to
rewrite the JSDL document after deployment but before submission.
Perhaps by delegating this to the BES itself? Like this, it would be
much easier for me to write the Discovery-and-Deployment scenario (which
I am working on, honest!)

Donal.