Action item list on wiki (was Re: [ogsa-wg] OGSA Teleconference (August 17))

Subramaniam, Ravi ravi.subramaniam at intel.com
Fri Aug 18 12:26:14 CDT 2006

Hi Andreas,

I think intent and means are clashing in our discussion. I feel that we need to capture decisions and consensus that we reached at meetings. The items are spread into minutes (though not always recorded as a resolution) and other discussions including email.

I think these also have two levels like action items. One level is  recording the essence in a few lines (whether the topic is on of the domains or procedural like formatting) like we do with AIs and the other is an elaboration where necessary or possible like a document or in case of an AI the work product of that item. It is very likely that a collection of resolution/decisions/observations would lead to a single document elaboration and a resolution may not have any other elaboration. Maybe the disconnect is that I think you are referring to the latter level and I am indicating the need for the former level. (I think both levels are important and have their value propositions)

Having the 'summary resolutions' compiled in one location (organised by domain if necessary) allows us to see where we have conflicts and, if as new members join or in course of discussion, we are revisiting earlier resolutions (we may change resolutions but we know that we are changing a previous one and not reinventing). Where we need more clarity on the earlier resolution we may refer to the 'Architectural notes' or other such related document.

My experiential perception is that we have revisted a topic many times and have reached the same conclusions. This is subjective (and I may be able to dig up a couple of recent examples).

My one cent!

Ravi

Ravi Subramaniam