[ogsa-wg] New version of the guidelines document -- please review for F2F

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 3 15:26:51 CDT 2006

Hi Fred,

My comments below:

(1) Document category name

We need to define name of this document category. In current draft,
it is called;
- Information model profile
- Information model specification
- Information model profiles + model extensions
- Specification related to information model
- Specification on profiles and extensions
- OGSA information model profile
- OGSA information model specification

I prefer "OGSA information model profile" (OGSA IMP).

(2) Description on how to do the rendering/data model
I cannot find such description except first paragraph on page 5.

(3) Section 4.1
DMTF CIM schema specific Status Type and Adoption Level is
necessary.

Using the same structure as chapter 5 of GFD.59 (OGSA profile
definition) makes this section more easy-to-read.

4.1.x Recommended OGSA IMP as Proposed Recommendation
Every CIM class in a Recommended IMP, when at the Proposed
Recommendation stage of publication, MUST have one of the following
DMTF CIM class status Final or Experimental.

Every CIM class in a OGSA IMP Profile, when at the Proposed
Recommendation stage of publication, MUST be Interoperable.

CIM classes referenced by a Recommended OGSA IMP MUST be use the
same version of CIM schema.

(4) Please add DMTF CR process as new section in chapter 4

(5) merge section 4.2 into section 3.2

(6) What is the purpose of chapter 5? merge it into section 1.1?