[ogsa-wg] WSRF Meta-Data Specification

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Mon Sep 19 03:27:09 CDT 2005

Folks,

The WSRF TC currently does not have an editor for the
WS-ResourceMetadataDescriptor specification.  I believe that this
specification is important to OGSA, as it captures the management of
metadata of properties. For example, communicating default values,
providing an indication of how fresh the data is (goodFrom & goodUnitl
in OGSI), and whether the property is modifiable or readonly. There is
an initial draft available and some agreement on what the direction
from here should be, e.g. simplification. See
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/9758/wsrf-WS-
ResourceMetadataDescriptor-1.0-draft-01.PDF

Options are:

1) Someone from OGSA could join WSRF and volunteer to be the editor.
2) WSRF could transfer responsibility for the spec to OGSA.
3) OGSA could pursue an alternate mechanism for metadata.

A similar note has been sent to the WSDM TC. Let me know what OGSA
would like to do regarding this development.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE