[ogsa-wg] List of UML tools

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 25 01:13:03 CDT 2005

Here's the list of UML tools I promised on the call last week. I think
Hiro is going to put this on the agenda for the Wednesday call.

I haven't included tools that are not free (at least for non-commercial
use) since that was the main requirement. Obviously the list is not
exhaustive; and I have not tried all of these.

Note that the IBM offering is the one that started this thread and since
the last call we confirmed that GGF participants can use it for
standards work.

* Rational Software Modeler (RSM) V6.0
  Free for standards work (IBM Scholar Program)

* FUJABA Tool Suite (http://wwwcs.uni-paderborn.de/cs/fujaba/index.html)
  Free software. (IBM Eclipse Innovation Award 2004)

* UMLGraph - Declarative Drawing of UML Diagrams
(http://www.spinellis.gr/sw/umlgraph/)
  Free software. UML class and sequence diagrams only at the moment.

* ArgoUML (http://argouml.tigris.org/)
  Free software.
  (Poseidon for UML is a commercial extension of this tool)

* Poseidon for UML (http://www.gentleware.com/index.php?id=ce)
  Community edition is free for non-commercial use
  (Logo on printouts)

* JUDE UML Modeling Tool (http://www.esm.jp/jude-web/index.html)
  Community Edition is free (with JUDE logo on printouts)

A much longer list is here:
http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/umltools_byPrice.html

--
Andreas Savva