[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-naming-wg] Data architecture requirements on naming

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 23 02:41:36 CST 2005

Dave,

Good points and more issues for the Naming WG to chew on.

My point of view:

Of your options, I don't think we should run down the policy route. It
would have to be an open ended tag that might have a couple of
predefined policies, fastest, most secure, cheapest, ... But there will
be others: "any one will do except from that useless repository at
XXX".

There is also the possibility that a single EPR can contain multiple
resolutions. See Tom proposal for wsdl bindings. Also, recall that in
OGSI we had the Locator as the return value from a resolver. It
contained other names (GSHs) and well as a number of (GSRs).

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE