[ogsa-wg] RE: Update on OGSA Basic Profile Security work

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 23 02:05:37 CST 2005

Thanks Dane for your obliging email,

Certainly OGSA-WG welcomes and requires security experts.
Proposed telecon date is March 30th. If it does not work for
you, April 6th is another option. Please let me know your
preference.

You can sub-scribe our mailing list;
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/sourceforge/document/majordomo_help/en/1/ma
jordomo_help.doc
http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/threads.html

Our Wednesday call is 5-7pm CST. The dial in number is 1-888-452-0308
or 1-484-644-0505 and the pass code is 71815.

You can download the latest basic profile draft from;
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/draft-ggf-ogsa-basic-profi
le/en/3

Now we have four open security related issues on this profile;
#1320: Transport and/or Message Level security
          MUST or SHOULD??
#1321: Discovery of key-info for encryption in message level security
          Service Group Profile/ EPR embedding
#1322: Use of Proxy Certificates
          Standard but not widely adopted outside of grid communit
          Time boxed certificates (short lived certs)
#1323: Communication of assertions
          Profiles for common assertions in headers or Proxy Certificate
#1324: Separate Security Basic Profile
          Should we have a separate profile document for security

Basic profile tracker is at;
https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=42&atid=780