[ogsa-wg] Basic EM BOF: Issues

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 23:02:29 CST 2005

Please forgive the possibly naive question below - I haven't been
closely following the progress of the WS-RF specs...

On Mar 8, 2005, at 7:07 PM, Ian Foster wrote:
>  OGSA WG has identified a few basic patterns that seem to arise
> frequently in distributed system management, at least, and apparently
> elsewhere too, and has proposed to use some conventional encodings of
> those patterns. E.g., it has proposed to use:
>
>  a) EPRs as names for things

The W3C have proposed, and resolved, to "Remove Reference Properties
from the [WS-Addressing] specification, and remove all references to
the use of EPRs as identifiers".  See:

     http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i001

Does that mean that point a) should read "URIs as names for things"?
Or are the EPRs mentioned here not related to WS-Addressing?

I'd be grateful for any clarification.

Thanks,

Jon MacLaren.