[ogsa-wg] Data: Proposed agenda for Wednesday 9th March: NEW TIME

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 09:50:24 CST 2005

Dear all,

Here is a proposed agenda for the data telcon on Wednesday March 9th,
which will be at the NEW agreed time of 7.30am PST / 10.30am EST /
3.30pm GMT / 4.30 pm CET.

UK Dial In: 0845 245 0224
US Dial In: 1866 838 0046
International Dial In: +44 1452 542309

PIN Number: 632 065

1) Early discussion (5 min)
      Note taker assignment
      Roll call
      Minutes approval (attached) -
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/Minutes_23rd_Febru
ary_2005/en/1
      Agenda bashing

2) Update on outstanding actions (5 min)
- Dave to write draft charter for ByteIO WG
- Mark to prepare document describing the draft ByteIO interface
- Simon to mail the list about different types of metadata: data
resource vs. service.
- Mark to mail around URL of notes from London meeting
- Dave to revise the current "straw man" document for next week
- Dave to prepare concrete proposal for initial data profile (ByteIO,
RNS, DAIS, GridFTP?)

3) GGF13 main session preparation (10 min)
As part of the main OGSA outreach session, I will give a presentation on
the data design team and the work we've done so far.  I'd like to
discuss this with the team on this call.

4) GGF13 BOF preparation (10 min)
We have a BOF scheduled about the ByteIO interface.  I have sent out a
draft charter for the proposed WG.  I would like to discuss how we
should structure the BOF session.

5) GGF13 Profile preparation (10 min)
Our first design team session is earmarked for discussion of an initial
data profile, probably containing DAIS, SRM, ByteIO and possibly
GridFTP.  RNS has been put in a naming profile.  I would like to discuss
how we should structure the discussion.  Also, it would be very helpful
if someone would volunteer to write a first draft of a profile document.

6) Architecture update (15 min)
I have put the current draft on GridForge - see
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/OGSA_Data_Architec
ture_Straw_Man/en/1.  We have a session booked to discuss this at GGF13,
where we will concentrate on data architecture.

7) Wrap up (5 min)
      AOB

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College St., Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 6514039