[ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging Times for GGF & Standards'

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 3 17:35:58 CST 2005

Another Andy's email.

Subject: RE: [ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging    Times
for GGF & Standards'
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:16:35 -0000
From: "Andrew Herbert" <aherbert at microsoft.com>

Ian

My point in resurrecting the CORBA history was that in that debate
neither "side" could understand what the other side needed that wasn't
already provided for.

I defer to those building systems who don't support WSRF to comment
technically on what it is that they feel is over-constraining for them
about WSRF in detail. They tell me they can build practical and
effective systems using other web services standards and that they
find systems based on WSRF are more complicated to program because
there is more mechanism and parameterization to be dealt with. To my
ears this would seem to be more a discussion about factoring
functionality and keeping mandatory interfaces simple, than it is
about specific mechanisms. And I guess people who are comfortable
getting systems to work without WSRF find it hard to get motivated to
enter technical discussion about something they don't see the need for
in their systems.

I realize this doesn't help you solve your problem.

Andrew