[ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging Times for GGF & Standards'

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 11:16:15 CST 2005

Hi Hiro,

I think these proposals don't address the same functionality as WSRF.
WS-Transfer may address part of WS-RP, but it doesn't support lifetime
management.  WS-Eventing is close to WS-BasicNotification.

WS-Enumeration seems more relevant to aspects of DAIS or even InfoD.  I
don't know whether those WGs have looked at WS-Enumeration.  I suspect
that many scenarios that could use WS-Enumeration will also need
lifetime management, which WS-Enumeration doesn't address.

Dave.