[ogsa-wg] OGSA-MWS-BOF at GGF14 on Tues June 28, noon-1:30

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Thu Jun 23 05:30:49 CDT 2005

> Let me be absolutely clear.  Entertaining these specifications as a basis
> for profile
> work in OGSA will be a disincentive for moving those specifications into
> an
> SDO.

I understand and respect your belief here, but I don't think this is
necessarily true. From what I've heard, the authors of these specs have
existing plans to get these specs into standards bodies; These plans are
clearly independent of GGF.

I'd like to think that this might even serve as an INCENTIVE in a very minor
way ("Oh, there's a community that wants to use these specs, but this
community is reluctant because the specs are not in standards bodies? Well,
we clearly want these specs to be used, so let's get them into standards
bodies!") While I don't realistically think this would happen, I also don't
believe that it will be a disincentive.

-- Marty

Marty Humphrey
Assistant Professor