[ogsa-wg] Minor comments on documents

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Wed Jun 22 09:21:21 CDT 2005

Hiro/Steve/Tom,

My comments also embedded...

JT: I'll leave this one for Tom, as he has the pen again right now.

> > OGSA Roadmap (v010 June 6th 2005)
> >
> > Section 2, Point 1, Bullet 3: Should these service description
> > documents not be 'owned' by the working group developing
> the service?
> > The text implies to me that the OGSA-WG writes them...
> which I don't
> > think is the case.
>
> <HK>
> Good point. Let's add something like "domain-expert WG writes
> this service description (scenario document) if appropriate."
> </HK>

JT: Here's my update, in line (I think!) with Hiro's suggestion:

* Service Description documents, which are written and maintained by the
appropriate domain-expert working groups, describe the services in the
area in natural language, listing the interfaces and operations defined
by each service.

* Scenario documents, also written by domain-expert working groups,
demonstrate how these services can implement the use cases, using a
combination of natural language and UML.

> > Section 2.2:
> > Should there not be some statement that OGSA profiles should be
> > developed/revised outside the OGSA-WG in theor own WG?
>
> <HK>
> I think they can if their Profile abide by OGSA branding guideline.
> </HK>

JT: I inserted this text at what is now line 199, *before* the para
beginning "Members of the OGSA-WG":

OGSA Recommended and Informational Profiles may be developed either by
the OGSA-WG or by domain-expert working groups, but it is important to
note that they must adhere to GGF's forthcoming OGSA branding
guidelines, which are discussed in section 2.3.

Let me know if you see any issues with this, as I'll be posting this for
final call very soon.

Thanks!

- Jem