URGENT (NO TELECON) Re: [ogsa-wg] call to discuss security comments

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 26 09:17:11 CDT 2005

I have heard back from Dane, Takuya, and Mark McKeown.  Mark is not
available.  At this point I do not think that we will have a critical mass
to bring the issue to a close I would like to suggest a change in approach.

The telecon will not take place and let us try to discuss via email the
comments.  In particular:
1)  Should signing MIHs for WS-Addressing be profiled
2)  Are the changes in v031 wrt 'only x509' sufficient to address the
comments.

I will send out a separate email for each of these threads to start the
discussion.

If we need a telecon later in the week I will be more sensitive to the JST
timezone.

Sorry for the turmoil.

Tom

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

             Tom
             Maguire/Hawthorne
             /IBM at IBMUS                                                 To
             Sent by:                  ogsa-wg at ggf.org
             owner-ogsa-wg at ggf                                          cc
             .org                      moritaku at bx.jp.nec.com,
                                       David.Snelling at uk.fujitsu.com,
                                       humphrey at cs.virginia.edu,
             07/25/2005 05:00          zzalsmm3 at nessie.mcc.ac.uk,
             PM                        franks at mcs.anl.gov
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ogsa-wg] call to discuss security
                                       comments

Folks I would like to have a telecon tomorrow to dicsuss some of the
comments that the cc: list has raised on section 8 of the OGSA WSRF BP 1.0
document.  If possible I would like all those on the cc list to attend.  I
am thinking that either 11AM EDT or 12PM EDT for a 1 hour duration.  Please
let me know your availability.

Call-in Details
Toll/International: +1(314)655-1412
Toll-free: +1(877)422-0036