[ogsa-wg] where does resource modeling fits in?

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 19 00:40:35 CDT 2005

Steven's email bounced.

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:58:27 +0100
From: Steven Newhouse <s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [ogsa-wg] OGSA RM teleconference -- where does resource
modeling fits in?

 >>      First of all, sorry for the cross-posting -- this subject
involves all
 >> three WGs.

Well this is bound to bounce from one of these lists... I'm not going to
sub scribe just for this thread...

 >>      Since GGF14 there have been a lot of discussions on where resource
 >> modeling fits -- BES considered it out of scope but Andrew thinks
it's not
 >> totally out; RSS is discussing whether it's in scope; and this was
discussed
 >> in the OGSA-WG also. So, let's discuss this in the Resource Modeling
design
 >> team teleconference (which is, in fact, the place to discuss this).

I feel this has been discussed to exhaustion - at the F2F, GGF 14 & at
last week's calls. While I would not object revisiting this from a BES
perspective at somepoint in the future I'd like to have a solid proposal
to discuss. I'm sure this would be of benefit to RSS and the OGSA group
as a whole.

Does such a document exist? Could it be circulated? If not could someone
commit to generating it? And I'm not after a long CIM document to read...

Is there a more concrete agenda possible for Tuesday's call?

Regards,

Steven
Steven Newhouse Tel:+44 (0)2380 598789 Deputy Director, Open Middleware
Infrastructure Institute (OMII) Suite 6005, Faraday Building (B21),
Highfield Campus, Southampton University, Highfield, Southampton, SO17
1BJ, UK