[ogsa-wg] Data: Proposed agenda for Wednesday 26th January (also potential change of time)

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:30:47 CST 2005

Dear all,

Here is a proposed agenda for the data telcon on Wednesday January 26th,
which will be at the usual time of 8.00am (PST) / 11.00am EST / 4.00pm
(GMT) / 5.00 pm (CET).

We have been asked to consider a slightly earlier time slot.  Can people
make half-an-hour earlier?

UK Dial In: 0845 245 0224
USA Freephone: 1866 838 0046
International Dial In: +44 1452 542309

PIN: 632 065

(Reference  2527179)

1) Early discussion (5 min)
      Note taker assignment
      Roll call
      Minutes approval (attached) -
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/Minutes_19th_Janua
ry_2005/en/1
      Agenda bashing

2) Update on outstanding actions (10 min)
- Simon to mail the list about different types of metadata (data
resource vs. service).
- Dave to check with Dave Snelling when Basic Profile is ready for
review.
- Discuss time slot in e-mail.

3) Architecture issues (40 min)
- I have been working on the straw man document, with input from a small
group of people.  This is beginning to take a coherent shape and I hope
to distribute it more widely after next week's London meeting.  The
telcons are useful in resolving issues that arise while writing this
straw man.

- Is data transfer a service?
- Are we transferring data (bits) or information (with some semantic
content)?
- Can we use the BasicFiles interface for both data and information?
- How do we specify data types?
- Other issues

- Do we have volunteers to write subsections of the document?

5) Wrap up (5 min)
      AOB
	DONM - F2F in London, Feb 2nd.

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College St., Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 6514039