[ogsa-wg] Re: OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Feb 8 11:51:26 CST 2005

Tom's email bounced.

Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:46:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom Goodale <goodale at cct.lsu.edu>
To: "Rajic, Hrabri" <hrabri.rajic at intel.com>
Cc: saga-rg at ggf.org, ogsa-wg at ggf.org,
	Bill Nitzberg <bill at computer.org>,
	Stephen Pickles <stephen.pickles at man.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Hi Hrabri,

> Are OGSA EMC people aware of the most recent SAGA-RG work?

Chris Smith from Platform, who's been putting together the job stuff for
the Strawman is also involved in the OGSA EMS.

>  Would
> SAGA-RG people like to engage OGSA EMC and possibly co-sponsor a
> Simple job submission WG?  This could be a nice opportunity to tie in
> the classic API and the WSDL approach.

I'm not sure how relevent this would be, unless you are thinking of a
direct mapping of the SAGA API into WSDL, which may not make sense, and
would probably constrain the new group too much, however we should
certainly make sure we have some people at the BoF.

> One thing to consider:  Do we really need APIs in SRM, APME, and now
> in ARCH areas?

I'm not sure I understand this question ?  We have APIs for the functional
areas we identified from our use cases.

Tom