[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-rss-wg] Re:[RSS Architecture Discussion]

Soonwook Hwang hwang at grid.nii.ac.jp
Wed Dec 14 22:22:30 CST 2005

I was wondering whether you meant "divided single apps" by "parameter
sweep types of apps." If that is the case, I don't think that it's less
common than "multiple coupled apps," and that it's a rare application.
I think that it's in fact the kind of applications that will perhaps benefit

most from exploiting the Grid with the current limitations in
network bandwidth and latercy between WAN interconnections.
As we see in case of Condor, Nimrod and other systems.
there are many existing systems aiming at tackling "parameter sweep apps."
In addition, we might be able to consider a collection of single job
submitted from different job managers to EPS/CSG to be a kind (?) of
parameter sweep apps that EPS/CSG needs to make mapping plans. In brief,

the point I am trying to make here is that when it comes to the design of
EPS/CSG interface and protocol, having the matching/scheduling of parameter
sweep type of apps (i.e., a set of independent tasks of job type) in mind
is important as well.

Soonwook