[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Dec. 7th call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 7 03:46:00 CST 2005

Hi all,

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Dec. 7th
Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm (CST).

Dial-in numbers for Wednesday:
   Free: +1-888-452-0308
   Intl/Toll: +1-484-644-0505
   PIN:  71815

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 1207
See more explanation:
http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2004/06/msg00077.html

1) Early discussion (10 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Telecon minutes approval (if available)
         Agenda bashing

2) OGSA presentation request from IPsphere (20 min)

 >  IPsphere (http://www.ipsphereforum.org/home ) is a consortium of
 >  network vendors and providers that recently began to work on a SOA
 >  layer for inter-carrier negotiations (the "business layer"
 >  augmentation to the OSI stack).

    They would like to hear about OGSA, identity federation/security/
    discovery, WS-agreement and the other. They ask us to present OGSA at
    IPsphere tele conference on Thu Dec 8th, 5-7pm EST. I think we can
    use Ravi's MDC slide deck.
    Any volunteers for this Thursday?

3) OGSA naming policy discussion (45 min)

 From Nov. 16 minutes;
>   Agreed that it will likely take about 3 weeks to reach a decision
>   due to the various schedule issues, and given that some people
>   prefer to discuss the issues on teleconfs rather than using e-mail.
>
> ** Next steps
>
>   - Accepted Hiro's proposal to create a document (two in fact) on the
>     requirements and issues and use it to drive the consensus process
>     - Get a shared understanding of issues, requirements and people's
>       positions.
>
>   1. Andrew and Mark for the OGSA-Naming WG will summarize Naming
>      requirements and issues
>     - Including issues from the list discussion and also including a
>       separate set of OGSA-DAI Naming requirements

     Since OGSA-Naming WG will have their teleconf this Friday (10am
     EST), we should postpone #1 till next time. (Dec. 19?)

>   2. Tom will add issues from the list discussion to the policy
>      document, including BES related issues.

OGSA-BES WG has discussed WS-Name issue on Dec. 1st.
> WS-Name issue (Properties/Meta-Data)
> - MUST be a EPR with meta-data that describes queue names to determine
> WS-Name or EPR or what ever is coming later. SHOULD be an WS-Name. Make
> sure that the meta-data is only on the container attribute. And as such
> all Activities are referenced by EPR or WS-Name not a mix  of the two.
> - Change IsAcceptingActivities should be changed to meta-data on the
> container.
>
> There needs to be a last call out on the EPR/WS-Name isssue.

      Let's make OGSA-WG's policy and OGSA-BES's decision consistent.

4) EMS architecture (45 min)
         (1) review sequence diagrams from composite roadmap
             2.4 Job Termination
             2.5 Dynamic Job Selection

         (2) Review Ian's comments on 2.3 Selected Job Execution

 > I need to see more details on what is being proposed in terms of a
 > selector interface, but I would be concerned if there was an attempt
 > to incorporate this as a primitive. As the brief and
 > far-from-comprehensive list above shows, there are many different
 > resource selection strategies that may be applied, and these
 > strategies may be applied in many different ways and in different
 > places.

          (3) Deployment and configuration scenarios break down
              Based on the discussion at the last CDDLM/ACS joint call,
              I think we need more fine grain scenarios breakdown for
              chapter 3.

           EMS Architecture Composition Roadmap (incorporate Nov. 9th
           CDDLM/ACS joint discussion)
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/proposed-ems-roadmap/en/5

5) Wrap up
         AOB

<NEXT CALL>
Dec. 12 (Mon) Basic Security Profile open issue discussion
               Architecture & Glossary 1.5
Dec. 14 (Wed) EMS architecture
Dec. 19 (Mon) OGSA-AuthZ joint call
               Naming requirement discussion
               Jan F2F preparation
Dec. 21 (Wed) EMS Arch CDDLM/ACS/GRAAP joint call
               ** This is the last call before holiday season. **

Telecon schedule:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/telecon_schedule/