[ogsa-wg] Material for F2F model discussion

Fred Maciel Fred.Maciel at hds.com
Thu Aug 11 18:35:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

(1) Here is a new version of the document (Word file). I didn't receive many
comments, so there were only minor changes on the contents compared to the
version I posted last week. Notice that we will try to sort out the resource
model vs information model vs data model nomenclature problem (and perhaps
other ones) on the teleconference on Friday. I'm posting the document before
we have a conclusion so that you can print it and read it on the plane.

(2) I'm including the model proposal that Andrea created (already posted to
the mailing list during GGF14) for your convenience. I re-created the PDF
file to put everything in two sheets (watch out the paper size when you
print it).

I also created a text file with the description of the classes, properties
and methods in this model, so you can see what they mean. I created this
file by copying-and-pasting from the CIM MOF (Manageable Object Format)
files, so apologies for the syntax. Remember that the model proposal
"flattens" the CIM classes (which I did in the text file also), erases
deprecated stuff (idem), and erases stuff out of scope wrt JSDL, containers
and activities (which I also erased from the text file, but not
exhaustively).

(3) Here is an updated list of pointers on related specs.

- JSIM: the spec (GFD-I.028) is at:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ggf-editor/document/GFD.28/en/1
There is also a UML diagram:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/JSIM_PDF/en/1

- CIM: the schemas are under:
http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim
JSIM classes are in 2.10 experimental (awaiting implementation experience to
become final).
You can find a tutorial (HTML and PDF) at:
http://www.wbemsolutions.com/tutorials/CIM/

- JSDL:
http://www.ggf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/July-2005/draft-ggf-jsdl-sp
ec-021.pdf
There's a nice introduction at:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/JSDL-Introduction/en/

- GLUE 1.1: the schemas are in
http://infnforge.cnaf.infn.it/glueinfomodel/
There's a good presentation on GLUE 1.1:
http://www.dma.unina.it/~murli/SummerSchool/presentations/InformationModelin
g-GLUE.ppt

- GLUE 1.2:
http://infnforge.cnaf.infn.it/glueinfomodel/