[ogsa-wg] Agenda: OGSA-EMS (Nov. 22nd, 2004)

Subramaniam, Ravi ravi.subramaniam at intel.com
Mon Nov 22 02:21:00 CST 2004

Hi,

Here is the agenda for tommorrow's meeting:

Logistics:

Date: November 22, 2004

Time: 5 - 7 PM (CST)

The dial-in number

  Free: +1-866-639-4741

  Toll: +1-574-935-6703

  PIN:  8980700

Screen share service will be provided.

  Session key: 1122

See more explanation:

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2004/06/msg00077.html

You can find a minutes of the Oct 11th and 25th call;

http://tinyurl.com/5fxfd/minutes-ems-20041011/en/1

http://tinyurl.com/5fxfd/minutes-ems-20041025/en/1

Nov. 8th minutes to be published

Agenda:

Standing agenda:

-        Roll call (5 mins)

-        Agenda Bashing (10 mins)

-        Ratification of previous minutes (5 minutes)

-        Topical agenda (90 mins)

-        Opens and Wrap up (10 mins)

Topical agenda:

1.	Discuss the Dec OGSA F2F. EMS topics to add on the agenda (20
mins)
2.	Focus on

-       Jobs (definition, semantics, behavior and first stab at
interfaces) (30 mins)

*         Review glossary definitions for accuracy too

-       Job manager (definition, semantics, behavior and first stab at
interfaces) (30 mins)

3.	Update EMS standards landscape (from the presentation that Hiro
sent out for OGSA) (10 mins)

Agenda Bin List (possible agenda topics for future meetings):

1.	Additional usecases for consideration
2.	Document structure.
3.	Structure around how to drive contributions. (pick a few
controversial topics like a job).
4.	GSA is doing some work with the overlap (Give GSA comments based
on how it fits with EMS).
5.	What are the standards that apply to EMS (what are the specific
pieces of that standard that apply)? Are we to relegate this to the
implementer or make decisions in this document?
6.	Review Olegario's comments
7.	Process for effective progress in this design team. (Earlier we
were only 3 active participants and so it was possible to do real time
audits on the document. We may need to work more offline especially
since there are persons who would like to participate but don't find
this time slot convenient)
8.	Need to identify the relevant sources for concepts in this area
(we may be too restrictive in our prescriptions if we are very narrowly
focused).
9.	What are the important properties that entities in the EMS space
need to adhere too? Are there a standard set of interfaces that all EMS
services have to provide?

Thanks!

Ravi