[ogsa-wg] a potential OGSA Authentication Profile (was: RE: CALL CANCELLED)

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Dec 14 08:06:16 CST 2006

Thanks, the information and link below are very helpful.

I think a "simple" staring point is helpful, but people may also be
interested in practical starting points for secure practices that are
already in use.  (I find it annoying, for example, as I'm sure you
and others do also that the first steps of the Globus tutorials
always start with turning off security as being viewed as "too
complicated" for beginning users to understand.  I think if presented
properly, everyone is naturally interested in implementing a starting
point that can give good security practices from the outset.)

Given that this call appears to be cancelled, I think your suggestion
to call in to the OGSA HPC call is a good one -- I'll be happy to
join if you'll supply the call-in particulars.

Alan