[ogsa-wg] BES query

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Wed Aug 31 09:18:28 CDT 2005

I have to admit that I am confused as to what makes adding an abstract name
to an EPR so much of a burden.  I know that Andrew and I are talking about
something very lightweight (perhaps just generating a GUID when the EPR is
generated).  So, in the technical sense, it's extra work that needs to be
done, but in my mind it's far less honerous then writing good comments for
your code and I think everyone would agree that the benefits of doing so far
outweight the burden.  In this case, AbstractNames give a potentially huge
benefit for a line or two of code.  Why is this such a big deal?

-Mark