[ogsa-rss-wg] DCI Federation Protocol WG BoF at OGF28, Munich

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Mar 12 07:45:55 CST 2010

----- Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message -----

All,

on behalf of the D-Grid Initiative project "D-Grid Scheduler Interoperability" I would like to invite you to join a Birds-of-a-Feather session for a

  DCI Federation Protocol WG

during the upcoming OGF in Munich. The overall topic is the chartering of the group for working on recommendations that allow the federated use of Distributed Computing Infrastructures across the borders of traditionally separate computing infrastructures.

The session is currently scheduled for

  Wednesday, March 17, 10.30 a.m.

Please note that, due to collisions with various other sessions and private meetings, this might be subject to change and rescheduled to Wednesday afternoon.

A topic summary and session details can be found online at

  http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=2030

The agenda for the 90 minute session will be:
- Walkthrough the project goals and status of DGSI and prospects for a standard
- Collection of potential adopters
- Formulation of a draft charter
- AOB

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. For a very coarse overview, feel free to have a look at a presentation from the latest CloudScape conference on SlideShare (http://www.slideshare.net/alexanderpapaspyrou/federating-resource-exposure-paradigms).

Regards,
--
Alexander Papaspyrou
alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de