[ogsa-rss-wg] Activity Delegation Interfaces and Protocols

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jun 3 08:14:57 CDT 2008

----- Apologies for duplicates from the cross-post -----

Folks,

for quite a while now, the topic of "Activity Instance Schema" has
been floating around in JSDL. Basically, it boils down to what is used
to describe the concretization of a something that has been initially
defined by a JobDefinition template and submitted to a handling entity
(such as a BES container or a scheduler).

One of the use cases that has been extensively discussed in the past
JSDL telecons was the delegation of a job (or, to be more general) of
an activity after its initial submission. That is, how to ensure a
submitted, but not running activity can be delegated in a simple,
coherent and safe way from one scheduler to another.

We would like to kick off discussion during today's session on this
topic by starting with a very simple delegation protocol. Herefor, I'd
like to invite everyone to join us today at 3:45pm in Sarria. Although
we'll also discuss other issues (such as the applicability of SPARQL
to CSG), there will be plenty of time to chew on this new thing.

Looking forward to a vivid discussion, albeit a very last-minute notice.

Cheers,
Alexander

--
Dipl.-Inform. Alexander Papaspyrou
http://ds.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~alexp

 Robotics Research Institute phone : +49(231)755-5058
 Information Technology Section fax : +49(231)755-3251
 Dortmund University of Technology, Germany