[ogsa-rss-wg] comments on the EPS wsdl

Arvid Norberg arvid at cs.umu.se
Mon Aug 7 04:55:22 CDT 2006

Hi.

I'm currently attempting to implement an EPS and have based its interface
on the WSDL files posted to this list by Donal.

My first attempt was to make the wsdl/xsd files to build with the globus wsrf tools.
By downloading the (not very easy to find) files:

  wsrf/resourceproperties/rp-1.xsd
  wsrf/resource/rw-1.wsdl
  etc.

Are these really the versions that are supposed to be used?

After installing them in the places where the wsdl and xsd files were looking, the
globus tool simply crashed when attempting to generate the stubs
(NullPointerException).

I then modified them to use the following versions of wsrf instead:

  wsrf/lifetime/WS-ResourceLifetime.wsdl
  wsrf/properties/WS-ResourceProperties.wsdl
  etc.

Then it built and worked ok.

One addition I have found the need of is to supply an EPR to credentials (delegated
via the delegation service) in the call to GetExecutionPlans. This is necessary when
using Globus' MDS index server, since you typically need to authenticate against it.

It may also be of interest for the CSG to know which user is the caller, since it may
be able to only respond with resources which that particular user has the right to
use.

--
Arvid Norberg
Umeå University