[ogsa-rss-wg] RSS F2F Meeting Slides

Mathias Dalheimer dalheimer at itwm.fhg.de
Mon Aug 15 08:48:01 CDT 2005

Hwang Soonwook wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just finished the first cut on my
> presentation sldies for the OGSA RSS F2F
> meeting. Any comment would really be welcome.

Thank you for the preparation of the transparencies. I had a quick look
on them, here are some
minor comments:

S. 4: I don't know whether it is appropriate to call RSS challenging.
S. 6: The last scentence on the slide seems to be incomplete.
S. 9: Change word order from "Submits jobs described in a JSDL document
to a Service Container which the EPR returned from EPS points to" to
"Submits jobs described in a JSDL document to a Service Container to
which the EPR returned from EPS points"
S.10: "Service Containers publish their resource attributes along with
their own EPRs to IS": Do you have a source
for this? Or is it your assumption?
S. 13: Regarding Condor ClassAds: I think this is a kot of trouble.
Personally, I would like to see some profiles that can be implemented
and interchanged independently of the OGSA-RSS spec - compare this to
the POSIX profile in JSDL.
S. 14: "Maybe some advanced service container could act as the RS by
providing such a common reservation interface" I would strongly agree
with this. I don't see a reason to separate RS from SC.

In general, I like your presentation and think it is a great summary of
our work so far. I would like to include it (in a written form) into the
service description milestone. Thanks again.

Have a good discussion,
Mathias