[ogsa-rss-wg] What infromation does CGS expect to have?

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 7 23:48:30 CST 2005

Hi Mathias, Donal, and Soonwook,

OGSA-WG will have another joint call with CDDLM/ACS/GRAAP on this
Wednesday (Nov. 9, 10pm GMT). This is continuation of the joint meeting
in Boston. As you remember, there is a link between ACS and CGS in the
proposed EMS architecture picture.

CDDLM-WG and ACS-WG is asking us which information CGS expects to get.
I guess RSS-WG already has a list of such information. It does not
need to be final one. Early draft will help us a lot. Is it possible to
share draft memo with OGSA/CDDLM/ACS/GRAAP on this Wednesday?

 From Dejan's email;
> However, see also discussion
> below, which implies the interactions between ACS and CSG, even though
> it only relates to the data/information path between ACS and CSG and
> instead it is really about future services that CDDLM may offer. CSG
> interaction with ACS has not been discussed within ACS group, it is
> ambiguous and we believe that this was really the core of this whole
> controversy about the relationship between ACS, CDDLM, and CGS. It is
> about how CSG can obtain the information about the resource requirements
> and deployment time from the deployment descriptions, which is the topic
> of the next two items.

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2005/10/msg00026.html

 From OGSA-WG minutes draft;
 >    Action: Hiro will talk with the RSS-WG (owners of the CSG
 >            spec) and ask them to outline in a memo what information
 >            they expect to have and where it may be coming from (ACS,
 >            Information Services, etc.)
 >            - [And match that against what the ACS spec already
 >              defines.]
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/minutes-20051107/en/1

Thanks in advance,
----