[ogsa-naming-wg] [GFS-WG] RNS 1.1 v3

Osamu Tatebe tatebe at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Aug 26 20:12:02 CDT 2009

Hi all,

We would like to finalize the spec until the upcoming
OGF27.

Are there any response to the batch operation interface
proposed by the Osaka University?  At least, we agreed
that the batch operation returned the vector of results
to identify success or failure of each entry at OGF25.

Moreover, we find another big problem about Resource
Properties.  In the current spec, createTime, accessTime
and modificationTime are included in the Resource
Properties.  This means these cannot be obtained by the
list operation.  Instead, they are obtained by
GetMuitipleResourceProperties for each entry, which
requires a round trip for each entry.  Especially
'ls -l' will be unacceptably slow from the distant
location.

Thanks,
Osamu