[ogsa-naming-wg] F2F Minutes: Primer Discussion.

David Snelling David.Snelling at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 19 12:09:11 CDT 2007

Folks,

| OGSA Teleconference - October 19th 2007  - Primer
| =========================================================
|
| * Participants

	Hiro Kishimoto [Fujitsu]
	David Snelling [Fujitsu]
	Michel Drescher [Fujitsu]
	Steven Newhouse [Microsoft]
	Donnal Fellow ([U of Manchester]
	Steven McGough [Imperial]
	Fred Maciel [Hatachi]
	Andrea Merzky [Louisiana State U]
	Joel Replogle [OGF]

|   Minutes: David Snelling

| * Discussion Andrew Leading:

	- Overview of Primer Motivation and Purpose.
	- Document walk through

	- ISSUE: Should we retain Self-Management section.
		- CONSENSUS: Leave the bullet, but make it explicit that we don't
drill down.
		- ACTION: Hiro to edit document on the fly - Done.

	- ISSUE: Implication of WSRF exclusivity.
		- SN: Only WSRF is listed and the use of "services" is inconsistent.
		- The listing of spec names is because these are from outside OGF.
		- CONSENSUS: Remove the detail section in the bullet.
		- ACTION: Hiro to edit document on the fly - Done.

	- ISSUE: Addition of WS-Addressing summary.
		- Andrew read out new summery
		- No objections raised.

	- ISSUE: Need to add some definitions to this section.
		- Extract these from the Glossary
		- Resource, Service, etc.
		- ACTION: Andrew to add definitions of Resource, Service, etc. to
introductory section of the Drill Down.

	- ISSUE: Add pointers into the V1.5 Document.
		- ACTION: Andrew to add pointers into the V1.5 Document.

	- ISSUE: Removal of RSS and other stuff to trim the execution
management section.
		- CONSENSUS: Leave it out for this version.

	- ACTION: Steven to write a section on HPCBP.

	- Andrew will be cutting back the security session. This will need
reviewing at a later call.

	- ISSUE: Need to add DMI references
		- ACTION: Michel add DMI references and content to data section and
use case.

| * Summary of New Actions

		- ACTION: Hiro to edit document V5, wrt Self Management - Done.
		- ACTION: Hiro to edit document V5, wrt WSRF references - Done.
		- ACTION: Andrew to merge into V7 changes made by Hiro to V5 -
Pending.
		- ACTION: Andrew to add definitions of Resource, Service, etc. to
introductory section of the Drill Down - Pending.
		- ACTION: Andrew to add pointers into the V1.5 Document - Pending.
		- ACTION: Steven to write a section on HPCBP - Pending.
		- ACTION: Michel add DMI references and content to data section and
use case - Pending.
		- ACTION: Hiro to write Data Centre use case - Pending.

| * Minutes <<day month>> approved with [changes/no changes]

No minutes to approve at this session.

| * Action Item review

No actions to review at this session.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE