[ogsa-naming-wg] New Version of OGSA Naming

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Sep 8 01:11:18 CDT 2006

[I sent this a few weeks ago but it looks like it never made it to the
list.]

I had a glance through this document and I like the idea of providing
separate compliance URIs per (sub-)profile.

A few minor comments:

Section 2.2 states "The conformance claim URI for this Profile as a
whole...."  Emphasizing the "as a whole" for the moment, if a service
exposes this claim does it mean that it (implicitly) exposes all
sub-profile claims defined in this document? Or does it mean that it
must also expose other relevant claim URIs in addition to this URI?

Section 6 says
"INSTANCES conforming to the Web Service Endpoint Address Identifier
Profile MUST conform to the Unambiguous Web Service Endpoint Profile."

but the Unambiguous Web Service Endpoint Profile is already mandatory
for anyone claiming conformance to the WS-Naming profile. So shouldn't
this be

"INSTANCES conforming to WS-Naming MAY conform to the Web Service
Endpoint Address Identifier Profile."

Should section 6 also have a statement that if one conforms to it they
do not have to (should not?) conform to section 4?

Section 5 is missing a conformance statement.

Andreas

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd