[ogsa-naming-wg] Prep for next week

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Thu Jan 12 15:27:14 CST 2006

All,

The current document is at

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-naming-wg/document/November_2005_d
raft_with_updates_from_GGF15/en/1

The minutes (un-approved so far) are at

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-naming-wg/document/minutes20051209
/en/1

The pertinent actions were:

1) - Inform users of abstract names that they must include all necessary
information for dispatching
into other places in the EPR

In the current document, in section 2, there is the sentence
"While a client MAY choose to include an AbstractName element in the header
information for an outgoing message request, the server MUST NOT depend on
this AbstractName element being present in the SOAP headers as some tooling
will not support this."

I propose to add the sentence,
"If the server requires additional information for dispatch, e.g., the
AbstractName, then a copy of the AbstractName might be inserted into the
resource parameters."

2) Write up a profile for how to use WS-Addressing "safely" (i.e., deal with
un-intential
duplicate address uses). Action on the working group to write this profile
or punt it into OGSA

I propose that we write it - but that it be an informational document rather
than a profile. There are no interoperability pieces at all. Further, that
we not slow down getting the document into public comment.

I'd like to send the document to the editor so it can go into public
comment.

Andrew Grimshaw

Professor of Computer Science

University of Virginia