[ogsa-naming-wg] New Version of OGSA Naming

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Fri Aug 11 10:06:36 CDT 2006

Folks,

Sorry for the large posting. The OGSA-Naming site is not allowing me
to post - maybe I just need to sign up as a GF member.

Joel, Can you post both these documents in "Documents > Root Folder >
Current Drafts"?

What I have done:

1) Accepted all previous changes.

2) Rewrote major sections (lots of out of date stuff about WS-
Addressing being pre standard etc.)

3) Reorganized the sections around the 4 specs outlined in the use
cases document,

4) Added the missing sections that were my action items.

5) Separated normative and non-normative parts of each section, see
subsections "Non Normative Discussion". These sections could probably
be extended.

6) I removed the SOAP message examples. These could go back in an
appendix, but they would be non normative (I don't like having too
much of this is a spec) and I wanted to get this out sooner.

7) Asked Michel Drescher to do a new set of schema and WSDL.

There are two documents attached:

1) draft-ws-naming-August-2006-1-ct.doc: This has all my changes
tracked. This is provided for process reasons. I really expect folks
top start with the clean copy.

2) draft-ws-naming-August-2006-1.doc: I have accepted all my own
changes, since it is virtually a new document. People should start
with this, and use the above to identify things they thought were
there and went away.

Enjoy!

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE