[ogsa-naming-wg] RE: GGF/OGSA standards for hierarchical namespaces

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 6 05:21:37 CDT 2006

Dave,

On 5 Apr 2006, at 20:53, Dave Berry wrote:

> Another question I've had raised to me is whether we can use WSRF/WSRT
> to handle the properties associated with entries in the directory.  I
> personally don't see how this would work, but given the context we're
> working in it would be helpful to establish what relationship
> exists, if
> any.

If the "Directory" were referred to by an EPR, then with the WSRF/WS-
Transfer operations one could obtain properties using the Get*
operations. These properties could be both standardized across all
domains (e.g. number of entries) or be domain specific (e.g. rwx flag
settings) or be dynamic to a specific instance (e.g. "The 'files' in
tis directory are all pipes connected to experiments.").

> Best wishes,
>
> Dave.

Take care:

       David Snelling David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com
       Fujitsu Laboartories of Europe